Saturday, January 12th we're taking on our second members-only (now annual) Jogo Throwdown. From 10am until about 3:30pm forty of our athlete's will be competing head-to-head in 3 different events and 3 different skill challenges. Thus far only Event One has been revealed.
Event One: 5-Rep Thruster Ladder
- Competitors will have 50 seconds to complete 5 consecutive Thrusters at a given weight.
- If they are able to complete a weight within the time cap, they may move on to the next station after a 10 second down period.
- Competitors must wait in their previous bar’s area during the 10 second down period.
- In the event that an athlete is unable to complete all 5 thrusters at a given weight, and there is still time left, they may choose to reattempt the weight, OR do as many deadlifts as they can in the remaining time for partial points.
The score will be BEST 5-REP THRUSTER WEIGHT + ANY EXTRA CONSECUTIVE THRUSTERS (tenths) + ANY ADDITIONAL DEADLIFTS (hundredths). Highest score wins.
- There will be 4 different ladders, and competitors may choose which to start on.
- There will be a 5 minute transition period between ladders.
- Any competitor completing a full previous ladder must move on to the next ladder.
Ladder 1. 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 85 pounds
Ladder 2. 95, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145 pounds
Ladder 3. 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205 pounds
Ladder 4. 215, 220, 225, 230, 235 pounds
Stay tuned tomorrow as the remaining 2 events and 3 skill challenges are announced.